Big news this time since Part 7 (in January)…
- I’m delighted to announce that SEOno has been shortlisted in this year’s Wales Blog Awards! I’m up against two other excellent blogs in the Best Tech Blog category. Here’s the full list of finalists. Apparently “over 300 entries were received for the competition from across the country and the judges have now whittled these down to a shortlist of 32 blogs,” so it’s an honour simply to have been shortlisted. The big event is happening on Thursday 15th May in Cardiff.
- Now I ain’t no fancy web designer, but I’ve put together a simple, templated WordPress site for my wife’s uncle’s gardening business. Check out my handiwork: Big Mick’s Garden Services.
- My Online Seller Wales talk went down well in February. Click here for a blog post all about it, containing a photo, slides, audio and transcript.
- I also gave a talk to Cardiff Metropolitan University students for part of a series of entreprenership seminars called Create. It was an introductory talk on SEO, which also included exercises for the students to do, such as keyword research and inbound link analysis. Here are the slides.
- I also took part in a podcast talking about the pros and cons of trying to procure Government funding as a start-up/freelancer/entrepreneur. I mostly moaned about being rejected, haha…! Want to check it out? Here it is.
Posts on other sites
A recent guest blog post:
- The Bitter Irony of Hiring SEOs via Google… – The Meld
For the record, if you’re wondering why I’ve been guest posting less often (especially following on from my thoughts in this post), it’s not because I’m scared of Google’s crackdown, but simply because I’ve been too busy…!
Contributions on other sites
Contributions to other people’s posts (rather than full-on guest posts) – there’s been a fair few over the months and I’ll happily admit that I’ve lost track of them, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve missed one or two off…
- Interviews With 12 SEO Bloggers About SEO in 2014 – SEO-Experiments.com
- How to become an awesome blogger. 18 experts know the answer – Link-Assistant.com
- Most effective link building in 2014 – Guest Blogging or Infographic? – SEO Basic With Mee
- Content Marketing Advice from 17 Online Marketing Experts – Sefton Media
- 21 Industry Experts Share Their SEO Tips For 2014 – Reginald Chan
- 2013 Link Building Success – 50 Experts Share their Stories – Linkarati
- SEO Experts: Interviewing the Interviewers on Roundup Style Posts – Elite Strategies
- Have you considered a career in SEO? – Distinctly Digital
- 7 Digital Entrepreneurs Talk Business – The Meld