“Repeat after me: I. Hate. Sales.”
I’ve written and self-published a book!
Anti-Sell: Marketing, Lead Generation & Networking Tips for Freelancers Who Hate Sales is the sales guide for freelancers, small businesses owners and people in general who hate sales – whether that’s the sales process in general, the idea of ‘selling yourself,’ or finding new leads/clients.
Its chapters cover the following:
- There’s a long list of sales, marketing, networking and lead generation tactics and tips, to give you an idea of some of the traditional ways – but also a number of alternative ways – to get your name and your face out there,
- How you can tie the sales process into your passions and your strengths – so that sales won’t even feel like sales,
- Getting you thinking differently about the types of events/communities to go to and get involved with, resulting in potentially being the only [insert specialism here] person in the room, rather than spending your time networking alongside your competitors,
- How being visible, altruistic and contributory within communities is an incredible way to be recognised as the go-to person in your field,
- And much, much more!
- Also, throughout the book there’s also ‘Anti-Sell Stories’: 8 case studies contributed by real-life freelancers, each of whom details how they’ve fought the fight with sales (and won).
What people are saying
“Anti-Sell has given me some fab insights and ideas to boost sales. And I love the writing style – really friendly, informal and engaging.”
– Caryl Thomas, owner of the HR Dept Cardiff
“I’ve read a lot of business and self-development books over the years, and Anti-Sell book is by far one of the most honest, practical and motivational texts I’ve ever come across. Without doubt, it’s going to help a lot of entrepreneurs for many years to come.”
– Jonathan Wheeler, owner of Flavour for Growth
“I don’t think I’ve ever read a whole book in a day. 5 hours, 4 teas and 3 Creme Eggs later, I finished this book by Steve Morgan. This informative, helpful, funny, easy to read book has motivated me to grow my business by marketing in a slightly less traditional way! DIOLCH!”
– Aled Lewis (source)
Where to buy
Anti-Sell comes in a few different formats and varieties: paperback, Kindle eBook, audiobook and plain ol’ PDF eBook.
> Buy the book on Amazon (available in Kindle/eBook, paperback and audiobook formats)
> Buy the book on Audible (audiobook)
> Buy the book on the iTunes Store (audiobook)
This very website…! 😵
Coming soon! I’ll make the PDF eBook version purchasable from this page using PayPal or something.
If you catch me in person (especially if it’s at an event where I’m doing a talk related to the book) then you should be able to buy a paperback copy from me in person, and can pay via cash or card (I have one of them fancy contactless card reader type devices). Or if you’re ever visiting Welsh ICE in Caerphilly then you might be able to catch me there – I’m usually there a few days a week.
To find out more about why I wrote it and who was involved with its existence, check out this ‘launch’ blog post when I announced it.