What a month July was! On Sunday 8th July I flew to Seattle to attend MozCon 2018, having won a VIP ticket in a competition by Moz. My submission was a short story about Roger MozBot (Moz’s brand mascot) discovering a time machine, visiting various points in Moz’s past and potential future. You can read it here! (FUN FACT: I only know of 3 people so far who have found the story’s Easter egg…)
Hightlights of my trip included:
- Meeting industry veterans such as Dr Pete, Cyrus Shepard, Alexis Sanders, Mike King and Darren Shaw IRL for the first time
- Meeting Lauren Hall-Stigerts, who I used to hang out with (pun intended?) on the Max Impact Google+ Hangouts On Air webinar series a few years back
- Meeting Roger MozBot (pictured)
- Seeing the Space Needle!
- Visiting Pike Place Market
- Catching a Tauros on Pokémon GO, which is exclusive to North America (yes, really…) #obsessed
When I got back I blogged my notes from two of the lunch discussion round-tables for a post on State of Digital.
And you can see all my tweets, notes, pics, etc. of MozCon and Seattle here.
I also did a talk at Welsh ICE (my coworking space) as part of their ICE Breaker series, which is when members of the ICE community do a 20-minute talk during Wednesday lunchtimes (formerly known as Friday ICE, which used to be held – no surprise – on Fridays). The guys at ICE videoed it and published it to Facebook Live, which I’ve embedded below! 👇