New year, new venue. After three events in 2017 at Tramshed Tech, it’s time for a change… Cardiff SEO Meet is looking for a new venue for its events in 2018 and beyond. I have somewhere in mind, but I’d like to keep options open and get a ton of suggestions to consider.
Can you help? Do you know of anywhere suitable? Are you a venue owner who can provide a venue? Here’s our criteria:
- Within 10 mins walk from Cardiff Central railway station
- Reliable, free WiFi – ideally with no catches (e.g. you don’t have to subscribe to their mailing list or follow them on social media, etc.)
- Accessible between 5:30pm-ish & 9:30pm-ish on the night, to set up and pack by
- 50-100 capacity
- Their own screen/projector setup
And nice-to-haves, although by no means deal-breakers if not available:
- Food and drink available to buy (negating the need for a caterer – although happy to source externally if required)
- PA and mic provided (if required, depending on whether or not the venue needs it)
- Parking outside or nearby (free evening parking an added bonus)
Something like a function room in a bar would probably be our best fit, however another possibility could be an office premises, say if they also host events there… So long as the above criteria are met really.
We have sponsors, so there’s a budget, meaning that the venue hire doesn’t necessarily have to be free/cheap… however if the venue is open to becoming an event sponsor in return for a reduced rate then that’d be fab. Perks include a logo and a link on the Meetup group and on the event page of each event (here’s an example of an old event page), mentions in tweets before/during/after the event, mentions/links in the emails that go out to meetup subscribers (380+ people as I type this), and probably a whole bunch of other stuff. There’s also the fact that the venue will be seen by 30-50 people each time (I’m hoping to ramp this up next year) – one of our past venues commented that everyone who came to the event was a fresh face who had never visited before, so 30-50 new customers essentially.