I recently appeared on a podcast for Online Seller UK – run by my friend Prabhat Shah – where I gave 5 SEO tips for online sellers / Ecommerce websites. I’ve previously spoken at an Online Seller Wales event (where I gave a list of link building tactics suitable for Ecommerce websites), so it was a pleasure to be asked to do a podcast as well.
You can listen to the podcast here, or below:
Here are the 5 tips (in quick bullet-point form):
- Get your own website (instead of only relying on a profile on eBay or Amazon),
- Look into implementing structured data – such as Schema.org – so that review/rating stars appear next to your listing in Google’s search results,
- Watch out for duplicate content issues (which can be notoriously bad for Ecommerce sites in particular),
- Try and write unique content and descriptions for all of your products,
- Get links from the websites of the brands that you sell, as many of them have Our Stockists or Where To Buy sections – I wrote about this in more detail for a recent State of Digital post.